Sunday, 01 April 2007

Introduction

So here we are in 2007 and I eventually get my blog on the road... To give you a little background I started a (advertorial) guide to backpacking in 2003 called The Alternative Route. Since last year I have had help with AR and no longer do it by myself. Sadia is now a partner in Alternative Route and together we aim to grow the book further. Each edition of AR goes through a similar production cycle.
  1. Get the marketing material together and start collating a hit list of potential clients
  2. Do a road trip around the country doing some face to face marketing and topping up existing distributors with more books. Sadia stays in the office and gets the layout and design ball rolling.
  3. Get back from the trip and start a calling regime to confirm commitments I have received from potential advertisers out on the road.
  4. Design and layout the book.
  5. Go to print and start updating the website
  6. Release of the new book and getting back out on the road to distribute the book to the +- 250 distribution points
  7. Get back from the trip and start from number one again...
So where am I now? I am at point 2 in the process and started my trip in Cape Town on 27th of March 2007.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toni - The Backpack
Just love the video - welldone
Hurry up and come home so you can do the same for Moola Magic!
Travel Safely